Onion oil being rich in sulfur and many antioxidants, supports the regrowth and thickening of hair. It can also help produce collagen which results in the production healthy hair follicles. Therefore, many herbalists and beauticians suggest their clients to use onion oil to prevent hair fall and improve hair growth.
Onions have antibacterial and antifungal properties so onion oil, when applied on scalp, will prevent from many bacterial infections and also dandruff.
Pollution in the environment and polluted water take a toll on your hair and also takes away the moisture of hair and scalp. Now we need to restore that moisture and prevent our scalp from infection. Onion oil here will do the job.
Important Benefits of Onion Oil for Hair:
1. Rich in many antioxidants and sulfur (Especially red onion), will promote hair regrowth.
2. It maintains the pH of the hair thus prevents premature greying and hair loss.
3. It nourishes your scalp and improves blood circulation.
4. It is also a cost-effective option for hair regrowth and preventing hair fall.
5. It can help prevent and reduce dryness and frizz.
6. It increases shine and strength of your hair.
7. Onion oil can also be used to prevent baldness.
8. If mixed with other carrier or essential oils its effectiveness can be further improved.
How to Use:
Take required quantity of onion oil and massage it onto your scalp. It must reach the hair roots. Massage for 15-20 minutes and then let the oil rest there for a couple of hours and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo that suits your hair type.
Use at least twice a week.